The Cloudscape Comics Society will be holding a general meeting on Wednesday, August 24, 2011. If you are a member of Cloudscape and would like to attend, please email info [at] cloudscapecomics.com for the time and location.
The Board of Directors will be proposing a number of motions to be considered by Cloudscape members at this meeting. Please take a look at the proposed motions and feel free to comment here, or send an email to the above address.
Any member may propose a motion for consideration at the general meeting. All motions must be received by one of the directors before Friday August 19 at 11:59 PM PST. All motions proposed at the meeting will need 75% approval by the members in attendance to be considered.
Motions proposed for the Cloudscape Special General Meeting
- BIRT (Be it resolved that) The Bylaws of the Cloudscape Comics Society be ammended to include a fifth director on the Board of Directors, to be name the Ad Hoc Director, with the duties added to Part 7 of the Bylaws as follows:
45 The Ad Hoc Director must
a. Carry out any and all duties set forth by the Board of Directors or at any Annual General Meeting or General Meeting.
- BIFRT (Be it further resolved that) The Bylaws be renumbered accordingly.
- Whereas the nominations for Ad Hoc Director and Treasurer have been open for 3 weeks, BIRT elections be opened for the position of Treasurer and Ad Hoc Director.
- BIRT upon the completion of the ballot count, all ballots be destroyed by the Elections Officer, Victoria Stitcha. BIFRT the Registrar of British Columbia be notified of director changes.
- BIRT the address for the Cloudscape Comics Society be changed and filed with the Registrar of British Columbia
- BIRT the Treasurer be added to the list of signing officers listed with the Cloudscape Bank accounts.
Proposed Agenda for the General Meeting:
- Appointment of the Chair
- Roll Call
- Motions and Elections
- Ballot Destruction
- 2012 Anthology
- Digital Anthology
- Additional discussion from the floor.