So I’m currently putting together the roster for the graphic novel anthology All-Canadian Comics, and have been sent a wide variety of heroes, all compelling and all very Canadian.
Here’s a sample of the ones we have so far:[nggallery id=73]
- Johnny Canuck (by Bevan Thomas and Jeff Ellis): Canada’s living legend, who helped drive back the Nazis in World War II and now returns to confront modern foes.
- The Loon II (by Bevan Thomas and Jeff Ellis): The scourge of the Montreal underworld, a mysterious lunatic vigilante with unknown ties to the Loon of the 1940s.
- E. Pauline Johnson (by Shannon Campbell and Reetta Linjama): One of Canada’s first national poets, who in this universe was a prominent reporter of BC superhumans at the dawn of the 20th century.
- Ikniqpalagaq (by Bevan Thomas and Jeri Weaver): Half-human daughter of the North Wind, guardian of the Arctic and all its secrets.
- The Energy Trader (by Morgan Wolf and Cody Andreasen): Mild-mannered Torontonian transformed by an evil corporation into an energy conduit.
- Canada Jacques (by Bevan Thomas and Ksenia Kozhevnikova): Perhaps the first Metis gay-activist superhero.
There’s still room for more!